In American history, The American Gold Buffalo pays homage to one of the most celebrated coins in the country. This coin was first minted in 2006, so the 2008 ones mark the third year of its series. In addition, the American Gold Buffalo is one of the annual bullion products from the United States Mint. These low-mintage American Gold Buffalos exhibit the West Point Mint’s “W” mark and feature an exceptional burnished finish.
Today, the 2008-W 1 oz Burnished American Buffalo PCGS SP69 is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Obverse features an Indian Head facing right (designed by James Earle Fraser), with the date below.
- Reverse showcases a profile of an American Buffalo.
- Mintage (2008 W, Burnished) of only 9,074 worldwide.
- Each coin is marked “W” for West Point Mint
- Graded SP69 by PCGS.
- Each coin displays a face value of $50 (USD), backed by the U.S. government.
American Gold Buffalo History and Design
The Gold Buffalo coin has been met with great success. Since 2006, over 2.1 million Gold Buffalo Bullion coins have been minted. The American Buffalo Gold Coin’s obverse and reverse designs feature images by noted American sculptor James Earle Fraser, once a student of Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The design showcases the native beauty of the American West. This unique bullion represents a beautiful work of art and a meaningful piece of history.