The Mexican 50 Peso Gold coin is the most exemplary Gold coin issued by the Mexican Mint. This unique and magnificent coin was first issued in 1921 and has proved to be a favorite of many coin enthusiasts. The Mexican Mint has begun production of a new series of Gold 50 Peso – coinage struck with new dies and a superior finish, giving these magnificent coins a charming burnished appearance. These new die restrike coins are less commonly encountered than the regular 1947 restrike.
Today, the 1947 Mexico Gold 50 Pesos (New Die Restrike) MS69 PCGS is available from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1.2 Troy oz of actual Gold content.
- PCGS encapsulation secures and ensures the MS69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse features Mexico’s national coat of arms, and a golden eagle on a cactus perch, battling a snake
- Reverse depicts Winged Victory (Designed by Emilio del Moral).
- Each coin carries a face value of 50 Pesos backed by the Mexican government.