The Switzerland Gold 20 Francs – Helvetia was minted in the late 19th century and has been enjoyed and celebrated throughout the world as collector’s items due to their depiction of rich history.
The Swiss Franc still is the official legal tender and currency of Switzerland, but the history of the Franc denomination in this country involves many changes. Among the most well-known Gold Bullion coins in this denomination is the Helvetia design, which is also known as the Vreneli range.
Today, the Switzerland Gold 20 Francs – Helvetia is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains .1867 oz actual Gold weight.
- Obverse depicts the left-profile bust of Helvetia, the female personification and national symbol of Switzerland (designed by Fritz Landry).
- Reverse shows the Coat of Arms of Switzerland, adorned by oak leaves with the value and date.
- Minted at the Bern Mint from 1897-1935 and again in 1947 and 1949.
- Each coin carries a face value of 20 Francs (Swiss) and is backed by the government of Switzerland.