The magnificent Australian Gold Perth Lunar Series I is based on every animal of the Chinese Zodiac in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. According to history, the Jade Emperor called for a meeting of the world’s animals. But unfortunately, only 12 animals had just arrived, and the snake made the 6th appearance at the meeting, giving it the sixth position in the Chinese Lunar Calendar.
These beautiful coins were minted in an extensive array of sizes, including 1 kilo, 10 oz, 2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz, and contain .999 fine Gold.
The 2001 1 oz Australian Gold Lunar Snake Coin is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Perth Mint.
- Each coin is graded by the PCGS.
- Obverse of the coin shows a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse of the coin depicts a figure of a snake ready to attack its prey from a branch of a tree.