The American Gold Eagle coin is the largest and most well-known Gold coin in the world, often effortlessly outmatching competitors in the worldwide marketplace. This coin is the top-tier gold for sale by the United States Mint each year. This gold-proof coin also makes a great gift for graduations, weddings, Mother’s or Father’s Day, birthdays, and other special occasions worth commemorating.
American Gold Eagle coins were launched in 1986 in four distinct weights. The bullion versions of the coin are struck yearly with 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz weights available to Gold collectors and investors. The 1 oz and 1/10 oz coins are, consequentially, the most in-demand among gold buyers.
Today, the 2003 1 oz American Gold Eagle MS70 is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- PCGS encapsulation secures and ensures the perfect MS-70 condition of the coin.
- Each coin contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold weight.
- Obverse features an effigy of Lady Liberty (designed by Augustus Saint – Gaudens) with the date to the right.
- Reverse: Exhibits a male bald eagle in flight clutching an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Each coin carries a face value of $50 (USD), fully backed by the US government.