The 1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic coin embodies two common themes in humanity: beauty and music.
Both sides of the Austrian coin feature beautifully-detailed musical instruments that generally represent music and pay tribute to the famous Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
The Austrian Mint introduced the 1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic as the first coin in the series in 1989. It was issued along with the 1/4 oz gold coin that same year.
It was brought out for the 25th anniversary of the series and proved so well-known that the Mint kept releasing it yearly in the following years.
This series expanded instantaneously in the early years. In 1991, a 1/10 oz gold coin was introduced, and in 1994, a 1/2 oz gold coin was released.
The last expansion of the series came out 20 years after with the 2014 debut of a 1/25 oz gold coin.
Today, the 2023 Austria 1 oz Gold Philharmonic BU is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Austria’s official Gold bullion coin.
- Obverse shows the image of the Musikverein Great Pipe Organ of the Golden Music Hall (engraver: Thomas Pesendorfer).
- Reverse depicts the design of a collection of musical instruments from the orchestra members.
- Each coin carries a face value of €100 (Euros), backed by the Austrian Mint.