The Mexican Silver Libertad coin summarizes a wealth of history within its artistic rendering. Though it is not the most popular coin globally, many contend it adds to its charm. In addition, this magnificent coin’s mintages are low; hence, it is considered relatively scarce compared to other common and well-known coins worldwide.
Like its Gold counterpart, the Silver Libertad’s design is based on the Mexican Gold 50 Peso (Centenario) issued between 1921 and 1947. In addition, the Silver Libertad is considered one of the most marvelous coins ever made due to its design powerfully symbolic of Mexico’s rich history.
Today, the 1983 Mexico 1 oz Silver Libertad BU is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Obverse depicts the Mexican Coat of Arms, which features an eagle perched atop a cactus carrying a snake in its beak.
- Reverse showcases two key symbols of the Mexican people – the Winged Victory statue in the foreground and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.