The American Gold Eagle coin is the largest and most well-known Gold coin in the world, often effortlessly outmatching competitors in the worldwide marketplace.
In addition, it is the official gold bullion coin of the United States of America (under the Gold Bullion Act of 1985).
As a result, this coin is the top-tier gold for sale by the United States Mint each year.
The 1988 1 oz American Gold Eagle is the third release of American Gold Eagle coins.
Today, the 1988 1 oz American Gold Eagle BU coin is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of actual Gold weight in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- 3rd release of American Gold Eagle coins.
- Obverse features an effigy of Lady Liberty (designed by Augustus Saint – Gaudens) with the date to the right.
- Reverse shows the original Type 1 Reverse (utilized from 1986 to 2021) – a male American eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with their young.
- Each coin carries a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the US federal government.