Mexican Gold Libertad Coin
Mexican Gold Libertad Coins have very limited mintage that very every year. Only 2050 coins have been produced for the 2018 release. There is a limited mintage of 2,000 coins worldwide for the 2019 year’s release, making these coins difficult to come across and highly unique. Mexican Gold Libertads have a classic, stunning design that stands out in any collection.
- Extremely limited mintage of 2,000 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure gold.
- Observe features Mexico’s National Shield surrounded by historical Mexican Coats of Arms.
- The reverse features a winged Victoria known as the Roman Goddess of Victory atop the Mexican Independence Victory Column.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Mexican Gold Libertad Coin History and Design
The first release of the Mexican Gold Libertad Coin came in 1983. Libertad coins often have very low mintage figures. In most years, Gold Libertads have a mintage of under 1,000 coins. The highest mintage came in 2016 when 2,100 coins were struck.
The observe of this coin features the National Shield of Mexico surrounded by their historical Coats of Arms. Their legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United States of Mexico) encompasses the National Shield.
The reverse features a Winged Victoria, known as the Roman Goddess of Victory, atop the Mexican Independence victory column in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
The design of the coins is based on the historical Centenario coin that celebrated the 100th anniversary of Mexico’s independence from Spain.