The Silver Panda are a treasured collectible with the feature of yearly changing design. Each brilliant uncirculated Silver Panda will be selected at random and with a varied design and year.
In 1983 the first Silver Pandas were introduced in the form of Proof coins. In 2016 Gold and Silver Panda coins started being produced in denominations of 30 grams, instead of their previous weight of 1 troy ounce. Additionally, the 5 troy ounce coins were reduced to 150 grams. Interestingly, during that same year, Giant Pandas were reclassified from “endangered “ to “vulnerable” by the IUCN, much to the relief of Panda-lovers everywhere. These Chinese Silver Panda coins have been issued in many variations, including uncirculated and proof versions, as well as colored and privy marked renditions.
- Contains 30 grams (.9645 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes protected in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by the phrase “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese closed off by the year of issue.
- Reverse: Varies, usually a panda eating bamboo.
- Guaranteed by the People’s Bank of China.