Mexican Gold Libertad Coins have a minimal mintage that is very much every year. These beautiful coins are indeed a stand-out series with iconic Mexican imagery in stunning .999 fine Gold. Consider the fractional options of this coin if you are looking for a more affordable way to include this coin in your collection. There are only 1,500 coins minted.
Today, the Mexico 1/4 oz Gold Libertad BU (Random Year) is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Limited mintage of 1,500 coins worldwide.
- Each coin contains 1/4 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States).
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: Winged Victory in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Mexican Gold Libertad Coin History and Design
The first release of the Mexican Gold Libertad Coin came in 1983. Libertad coins often have very low mintage figures. In most years, Gold Libertads have a mintage of under 1,000 coins. The highest mintage came in 2016 when 2,100 coins were struck.
The obverse of this coin features the National Shield of Mexico surrounded by their historical Coats of Arms. Their legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United States of Mexico) encompasses the National Shield.
The reverse features a Winged Victoria, known as the Roman Goddess of Victory, atop the Mexican Independence victory column in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
The design of the coins is based on the historical Centenario coin that celebrated the 100th anniversary of Mexico’s independence from Spain.
There are no reviews yet.