In American history, The American Gold Buffalo pays homage to one of the most celebrated coins in the country. This coin was first minted in 2006, so the 2008 ones mark the third year of its series. All Gold Buffalo coins are struck at the West Point Mint, giving them the “W” mint mark.
Today, the 2008-W 1 oz Burnished American Buffalo PCGS SP69 is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Obverse features an Indian Head facing right (designed by James Earle Fraser), with the date below.
- Reverse showcases a profile of an American Buffalo.
- Mintage (2008 W, Burnished) of only 9,074 worldwide.
- Graded SP69 by PCGS.
- Each coin displays a face value of $50 (USD), backed by the U.S. government.