The Austria 1/2 oz Gold Philharmonic coin embodies two common themes in humanity: beauty and music. Both sides of the Austrian coin feature beautifully-detailed musical instruments that generally represent music and pay tribute to the famous Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
This series expanded instantaneously in the early years. In 1991, a 1/10 oz gold coin was introduced, and in 1994, a 1/2 oz gold coin was released. The last expansion of the series came out 20 years after with the 2014 debut of a 1/25 oz gold coin.
today, the Austria 1/2 oz Gold Philharmonic is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Austria’s official Gold bullion coin.
- Obverse shows the image of the Musikverein Great Pipe Organ of the Golden Music Hall (engraver: Thomas Pesendorfer).
- Reverse depicts the design of a collection of musical instruments from the orchestra members.
- Each coin carries a face value of €50 (Euros), backed by the Austrian Mint.