The magnificent Australian Silver Perth Lunar Series III is based on every animal of the Chinese Zodiac in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. According to history, the Jade Emperor called for a meeting of the world’s animals. But unfortunately, only 12 animals had just arrived, and the Tiger made the third appearance at the meeting, giving it the third position in the Chinese Lunar Calendar.
Lunar Series III is the world’s principal lunar-themed coin collection, and is the continuation of a Silver bullion series that Perth began in 1996.
Today, the 2022 Australia 1 oz Silver Lunar Tiger Coin is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Silver.
- Features a “P” mint mark for Perth Mint.
- Obverse of the coin shows a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse of the coin depicts a figure of a tiger cub following its proud and protective parent across a rocky terrain featuring ferns and bamboo (designer: Jennifer McKenna).
- Each Sovereign coin is backed by the Perth Mint.