- Contains 30 grams (.9645 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by the phrase “People’s Republic of China”.
- Reverse: Features an adorable scene of a young panda cub while munching on some bamboo.
- Sovereign coin, with a face value of 10 yuan, backed by the Chinese government.
First minted in 1983, the Silver Panda design changes each year. This anticipation gives each an added value and are deemed highly collectible. The only year they didn’t change designs was 2002, which used the same design as 2001. The People’s Republic of China issues and guarantees the quality of each Silver Panda coin.