This artistically designed Proof Britannia depicts iconic Britannia, holding a trident and shield, alongside a lion. The 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is shown in .9999 pure gold on observe. This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection.
- Maximum mintage of 1,100 coins, with 645 in this limited edition presentation.
- Contains .25 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Obverse: Features the 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts the iconic Britannia, holding a trident and shield, alongside a lion.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
The Britannia Collection from The Royal Mint has become known for showcasing various artists, who create their own interpretation of the icon. For 2019, David Lawrence brings another unique design of the national symbol, with the Britannia alongside a lion.
Britannia portrayed holding Poseidon’s Trident also represents Britain’s sea power. The Britannia first appeared on coins of the emperor Hadrian over 2,000 years ago when the province of Britannia, which she came to personify, was established.