- Contains .25 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrays Jody Clark likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a kangaroo standing on a mound of grass with a sun and stylized tress as a backdrop. Also included is the year of issue, weight and purity of the coin.
- Guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
The Gold Kangaroo series was originally the Gold Nugget series minted by the Perth Mint, beginning in 1986. The reverse images featured various Gold Nuggets from 1986 to 1989, until the design was changed in 1989 to feature the kangaroo, which was more symbolic of Australia. Minted in denominations of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 1 kilo sizes, these coins have legal tender status in Australia. A significant appeal for collectors is the fact that the designs of these beautiful coins change each year, differentiating them from many other popular Gold sovereign coins. This is the first year featuring the new Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.