These beautiful vintage $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle coins were designed by Chief Engraver James Barton Longacre and were minted from 1850 to 1907. Through these years, the Liberty Double Eagle coin contains 0.9675 Troy oz of fine Gold, alloyed with Copper to boost its durability and wear characteristics. A testimony to the massive boom in the California Gold Rush, this coin is indeed a collector’s item.
Today, the 1899 $20 Liberty Double Eagle AU is available online from hollywoodgoldexchange.com.
- Each coin contains 0.9675 Troy oz of actual Gold content.
- Obverse shows Liberty (coronet head) facing left, surrounded by 13 stars, with the date below.
- Reverse depicts a heraldic eagle with a Union shield holding three arrows and an olive branch, 13 stars, rays, and motto above.
- Available in AU (Almost Uncirculated) condition.
- Each coin carries a face value of $20 (USD) by the U.S. Mint.